Feb 6, 2010

The Boy's Rooms

I decided to put up pictures of Lucas and Eli's bedrooms this weekend. I am pretty proud of my work here as I have poured hours of work and some tears into these rooms....I know, I know, you are probably thinking, "Did she say tears?" I say that because when I did Lucas' firehouse room, I was in the last trimester of pregnancy with Eli and I cried over the assembly of the bed, it was pretty difficult. Then I cried when some of the parts to the bed were broken in delivery, then I cried when I saw the final product because it was so awesome. I think Jose was ready to trade me in for a new model....I was a hormonal mess.


So here are the pictures of Lucas' big boy room. The fire truck is also a bed and play thing. He can sit at the foot of the bed and drive it (with the steering wheel) to a fire. He loves this room and from the first night, he sleeps in the big boy bed (with no potty accidents). I am so incredibly proud of him.













Here is Lucas rushing to the scene....

And last but certainly not the least is Eli's room. This started out as Lucas' nursery but when I found out I was having another boy, I decided to put Eli in the same room and move Lucas to a big boy room. I love this room. Both rooms were painted by the same Houston area artist whom I love.






It may seem strange that I did all of this for boys who will eventually grow out of these rooms but I'm one of those detail oriented moms who always will go overboard on this type of stuff. I guess I want them to remember their rooms fondly and always enjoy being at home (now and when they get older).....plus its just plain fun to decorate them :)

2 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Can I sleep in the firetruck bed when we come?!?!

Mar, the boys' rooms are awesome...you've done a wonderful job. Will you be my Mom??

Paola said...

Hola Lucas, Hola Eli , Mary y josè, Los felicito. que lindo le quedò el cuarto de bombero a mi nieto. està precioso. Me hace recordar a tu papi con su hermabnito, Emilio,Dios me los bendiga.Saludos a Linda. y a todos por allà.