Lucas turned 2 this month and I feel like time is slipping by way too fast. When you first get home from the hospital with this new baby and you are tired and cranky and fat and you feel like a walking buffet its so easy to think that it will last forever and you will have this loooong parenting saga for the next 18-20 years. Wrong.
Those first days feel like yesterday. I know that if 2 years felt like 1 day then this parenting saga will go by in the blink of an eye. I am so afraid that I will forget every little thing that I love about my child as a toddler and I will wake up one day and he will be 18 and leaving for college. Jose and I will be standing there wondering where all the time went?
I have decided to sit down and brainstorm about everything going on with Lucas right now that I want to remember...
- Lucas wakes up on the weekends very late (he sleeps in until like 9 or 10 am). When he wakes up he is sooooooo happy. He gives both of us big hugs and kisses and IMMEDIATELY asks me for "FAFFLES?" This of course is waffles.....our weekend treat.
- While he is eating his 'faffles,' Mommy and Daddy are drinking "Foffee" which is of course, coffee. He always points to the cup and says, "FOFFEE". When we say yes, he tells us, "HOT?"
- He cannot give a kiss without asking for a hug afterwards which he says, "ugg?"
- His feet stink and he knows it. One day last week, I picked him up from school and in the car he took his tennis shoes off and it made the car stink. I said, "What is that smell?" He just sat there and pointed at his feet.
- If I ask him a question he just repeats the last word. For example, If I ask, "Did you learn alot in school today?" His response is "day." And thats how our afternoon conversations go!
- He is very particular. He HAS to have his plate and sippy cup in just the right spot. He likes to sit in the floor surrounded by his airplane, school bus, tractor, dump truck, pirate ship and finally his cement mixing truck. They have to be all facing the same way and he arranges them so that the front of each toy is lined up the same.
- He gets very excited when he sees the American Flag and screams out "FLAG!" This of course is pronounced like a certain 4 letter word that I do not intent to put on a PG rated blog.
- He is starting to learn how to translate words from English to Spanish like if he says "boat," Jose will ask him what it is En Espanol and he says, "barco."
- We have a dog named Maverick. Lucas LOVES him. He calls him bye-dit. He kisses him and of course always asks for a "ugg." We have to explain to him that Maverick cannot hug him!
- He is exremely daring. Knows no fear. He will climb the tallest ladder thinking that he cannot get hurt. We'll see how long this trait lasts....hopefully not long!
- He loves to shower with Daddy.
- He loves his Aunt Stacey (CeeCee is how he says it), his Granny (NeeNee is how he calls for my Mom), Papaw (the only name he says correctly).
- His entire life, he has NEVER cried when I put him to bed. He goes right down and if he is not tired yet, he will play by himself until he gets tired. Amazing.
- He points out cars and associates the brand symbol with the person that drives that kind of car. For example, if he sees a Mercedes sedan he points and says Papaw, a Mercedes SUV he says NeeNee.
- We took him to the children's museum. They have a fake cow that you can pretend to milk. They have udders that you can actually pull. I showed him and he looked at me and said, "Daddy....peepee!" LOL!! I laughed until I cried.
- He tries sooooo very hard to do the hand symbols for "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Wheels On the Bus" but he is not as coordinated as mommy and daddy. When we laugh or smile at how cute his effort is, he gets very shy and stops.
- He loves Barney.
- If I am listening to a live CD and the audience claps before or after a song, he claps and yells, "YEEEEAAAAH!"
- When we drive over a bridge he says, "weeeeeeeeee!"
- When he drops something he says, "Aw man!"
- He barks at all dogs. He thinks that every dog is bye-dit.
- He is starting to put 2 words together in a sentance like, "Daddy's car" and "sit down"
- Finally, I will make a list of his everyday words with the way he says it and the translation:
- "duce" = juice
- "peace" = Please
- "muck" = milk
- "manane" = airplane
- "mun-in" = pumpkin
- "cock" = truck
- "noon" = balloon
- "mumu" = Shamu
- "font" = elephant
- "feep" = asleep or sleeping
- "tees" = keys





6 comments:
I love this post, you are right it all flies by so fast. It neat that he is becoming a little man. I also love seeing what kiddos are into at that age and I love having something to look forward to.
Mary, that is so sweet. I can't get over how big Lucas is. Your parents and your sister told me about the "flag" word when I saw them last weekend. Too funny!!! They are so in love with your little boy...just couldn't stop telling us stories about you all.
Oh Mar...so sweet!! Hope you guys have a Happy Halloween...can't wait to see the pics!
What a great post! I was laughing so hard at some of these things, and others made me choke up. I can't wait to see you again soon. Love you guys!
Hey Mary,
I love your blog, and your little boy is so cute. The story about milking the cow is so funny!
Que bien, me hace recordar las primeras palabras de tu papi, Josè salvador. Como Por ejemplo;
1.- corrones: cordones.(zapatos).
2.- Peco. Refresco.
3.coloa toao: Colonia Tovar-
4.- Pelito. Perrito.
ja.ja.ja. yo las disfruto cuando leo su diario. Paola,
Post a Comment