Aug 11, 2010

Conversations with Lucas.

So before I forget, I have to write down some of my conversations with Lucas as well as some of the things Lucas says to Eli. There are several things that he has said over the last couple of months that I don't want to forget and I think they go like this....
*"Eli!!! You're so darling, Eli! Your are so darling! You're my little bird catcher....yes you are...you're my little bird catcher!" (I have no idea where he came up with 'bird catcher'.)
*"Eli!! You're such a good eater!"
*"You two are my best friends of the year!" (to me and Eli)
* "You two are my big boys, you know that??" (to me and Eli)
*"I'm getting freaking tired." (to me at dinner...I laughed until I cried)

Lucas: "MOOOMMMMYYYYY, where are you??"
Me: "I'm right here in my office!"
Lucas: "Oh, there you are. You sound like you are getting taller."
Me: "Well that would be great. I could use another couple of inches."
Lucas: "Yeah, but, I don't 'stink' you are really growing. You are getting more tiny."


Lucas: "Mommy..where are all of the trains?" (as we cross the train tracks)
Me: "I don't know. Maybe they are at thier house taking a nap?"
Lucas: "NNNNNOOOOOO! Trains can't sleep cause' they are not people, mommy."

Lucas: "Be careful with that (can opener) because one time when I was little I was opening a can and I cut my finger off. I had to go to the doctor and buy a new finger."

Lucas: "daddy, you are my little boy."

Lucas: "one time, when I was Daddy's age, I was 6........."

Lucas: "mommy, look at what I wrote! It says, 'tower'!
Me: "really?, how do you spell that?"
Lucas: "H2H9. Eeeee, ahhhhhh, ooooooo". That last part was my attempt to type his sounds. I laughed so hard that I cried.

These are just a few things that I want to remember many years down the road.

1 comments:

Melissa Tyndall said...

So cute!!! I love to hear funny little things that kids say.