I have 2 things to report for this day.
The first is that my little Lucas has been OVER 1 MONTH without diapers! Yep, underwear all day and then just a diaper at night. I will tackle the night time potty training later on. I feel like that is a different job all together.
Lucas gets up in the morning and goes potty and then he is in his underwear ALL DAY. In the last 5 weeks, I can only count his accidents on 1 hand and most of them were my fault because I could not take him to the bathroom immediately.
He has been so good. I really can't believe how easy it was. He is such a good boy and always wanting to please me. The first accident he had was in Hawaii and he must have told me, "I sorry" 10 time. It was heart breaking. I kept telling him that it was just an accident and he will get the hang of it soon. And he did.
Lucas, Daddy and I are SO proud of you!!
The second big piece of news is that Jose and I have been married nearly 5 years (5 years this December) and today he is finally becoming an American. He takes The Pledge of Alliegence this morning and it is official! I am so bummed that I could not go and get pics. It has been truly amazing at how much time and money we have spent (as a couple) for this day to take place.
Jose, Lucas and I are SO proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
YAY for both of your boys!!!
That is awesome Mary. The diapers at night will probably just phase out. I kept my girls in diapers/pull-ups at night up until about 6 months ago. They just started waking up with dry diapers, and after about a month of staying dry at night I started letting them sleep in panties. I think we have only had about 2 or 3 night-time accidents between the two of them. I’m happy for your husband…that’s so great! It sounds like it is a very happy time in your life!
That is awesome about Jose!! I remember when Russ became a US citizen. It was so exciting. My dad even took off of work so he could go watch him.
Also so exciting about Lucus! Ashton has been potty trained for about 2 months now. He takes a nap in his underwear but we still have to do a diaper at night too.
Mary-
First off...CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby! When are you due? Congrats to Lucas on his potty training success...I remember what a big step that is. And finally, Congrats to Jose! I hope you are all doing well. We think of ALL of you in Houston quite often. Email me sometime...we'll catch up! Brady asks about you guys all the time.
Post a Comment