- Lucas is FIERCELY independent. Everything has a precursor...."I DO IT!!!" This pertains to opening the car door (which he can't reach), brushing his teeth, using the remote to turn on the TV, buckling himself in the car seat, and just about every other thing. I have gained a great deal of patience and creativity to appease this boy.
- His favorite shows are Barney, Caillou, and Jose and I's wedding video (which he calls Cici Papaw because Stacey and my Dad are in the video!)
- Lucas is starting to tell Jose and I about his day at school. He tells us who he played with and who cried at school, who went Bye-Bye, etc. His favorite friends that he talks about are Issa, Deya, Carter, Noah, Cheyanne, Devon, and Zoey.
- His favorite breakfast is oatmeal, which he asks for everyday.
- He can drink out of a regular cup with no lid (this still makes me nervous so I still use the covered sippy cups around the house).
- He is starting to potty train. He changes everyday. Some days he only wants to go to the big boy potty and some days he will not want anything to do with it.
- He is a good eater. He loves spinach...he sucks it through his teeth like pasta. Because of this, I put spinach in EVERYTHING, and I mean everything.
- He loves to sit and watch TV with daddy and eat apple slices (this is a nightly routine and it HAS to be in a certain chair or he will quickly point out that something is not right.)
- He is obsessed with those semi trucks that carry 10 or 12 cars....he will scream out..."Mommy...sssssssssseeeeeeeeeee!!"
- He is a helper....his teachers make a big deal out of this because he is the only kid in the class that helps them. He will try to help me fold laundry, cook, clean, you name it.
- His favorite shoes are his crocs (he calls them "cocks") he he he.
- He loves to sing songs and have the music on in the car.
- He is developing his imagination....he is good at pretending. I'll hear him playing by himself and he is pretending to be a car or an airplane or a dog, etc.
- He is a bigtime Daddy's Boy.....
- His teachers tell me that if one of the kid's in his class starts crying, Lucas always will try to soothe them, he hugs them and kisses them and tells them, "it's okay." He is just the sweetest little boy...
- His vocabulary has really taken off and some of my favorite phrases right now are: "Yets go guys" "I do it" "I tell Daddy" "Icas do it" "Icas tell Daddy....go poo poo in potty". I love that he refers to himself in the third person!
- He is scared of the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
- He is very routine oriented. If I don't do the same routine everyday then he is very upset. (Example: he tells me if I forgot to give him his vitamins after dinner....how dare I give them to him after bathtime!!)
- He has an attachment to random toys. He will get attached to a balloon and carry that thing EVERYWHERE. He will cry and cry if I don't let him take it somewhere. He will get attached to a toy car and feel the need to sleep/eat with it....its a big deal if he can't find it for bedtime.
These are just a few of the things about my son that I adore. I'm sure I forgot to put something in here but this will jog my memory 10 years down the road.





4 comments:
Awww...I love all of those things! He is such a sweet and adorable little boy....definitely a tribute to his Mommy and Daddy!!
Just by reading these things about Lucas, I can see you in him....so sweet!
I think he gets all of this from his MOMMA!!!! He is so stinkin cute!
BTW, working on the potty training again this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!
MARY; TODOS LOS DÎAS TE DARÂ UNA SORPRESA;ES BELLO; INTELIGENTE; Y GRACIAS A TU DEDICACIÔN ESCLUSIVA: QUE LINDO BUSCANDO SUS HUEVOS DE COLORES EN COMPAÑIA DEL ABUELO; QUE LE DA LAS PISTAS;: JAJJAJAJAJ:
Post a Comment