Mar 18, 2009

Healthy Weekend

Its been awhile since my last post.....busy with work and life, I guess. Lucas, I am happy so say, is feeling better. Right after croup he got another virus with high fevers and pink eye. Let me just state for the record that putting eye drops in a 2 year old's eyes is a job for a roman gladiator. It takes 3 people. 1 to hold the head, 1 to hold the arms and 1 to put the drops in. Thank you to my mom and sister for being my backups. Jose as out of town and frankly, even if he was here, we would still need the third. I cannot for the life of me imagine what I would do on my own? It would be impossible, literally.
I feel the need to say that Lucas kept telling me, "need medicine" but this sounded like "need mecine." He would then quickly correct himself and say, "mouth not eyes" but this sounded like "maouf no eyes." so cute....
Here are some pictures of our first "healthy" weekend in awhile....
Check that smile.....





He says...."where's Icas???" He calls himself Icas.




"Peeboo!!!!!"



Here he is trying to sit like Daddy. Notice the hand placement is "yike Daddy."






My Grandma Minnie came down to visit for a weekend and got to spend some time with her Great Grandson......






Great Grandma teaching Lucas how to write his name.









Ravioli......Need I say more???







Well, that was our weekend in a nutshell. Lets pray that we do not contract any more viruses this springtime.....

6 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

I'm so happy he's back to normal again. I'll bet he was still just as cute when he was sick though!!

I cannot believe how big he looks in these pictures. He's looking more like a little boy than a toddler. And he's grown like 2 inches I think!! Gracious!

Hope you guys stay well!! I'm going to get Kate enrolled in Mother's Day Out next week for Summer and Fall and am dreading our first inevitable illness. Boo for sickness...yay for Mommy-time!!! Ha!!

Love you guys.

One day at a time said...

So glad Lucas is feeling better! I was worried about you guys!!!

Mary, I tell you what...I don't think he can get any cuter!!! Love the hair!!!!!

Love ya!
Megan

Melissa Tyndall said...

Oh, he looks great...i'm so glad he is better!

nat said...

I'm w/Sarah...he is looking so grown up! Good to hear he is feeling better, I was beginning to wonder about you guys.

Haley Nicodemus said...

Gosh Mary, he is so stinking cute! I love the one of him and Jose.

Looks like he's feeling a lot better!

Paola said...

Dios te bendiga nieto bello. Que tierno te ves comiendo ravioli, cuando estemos juntos, te enseñarè a hacerlos. Un abrazo papi.Te queremos mucho...