Jan 18, 2009

My Handyman

We woke up to a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Sunday morning. I bought some new tennis shoes for Lucas and I had to see if they fit so we tried them on (I am extremely paranoid about Lucas having to wear shoes that are too tight). In Lucas' mind, this was an open invitation to go "aside" and play with "byedit (this translates to going outside and play with Maverick). I took a couple of videos of this outing...please excuse the 1/2 dressed and 1/2 pajamas look that he is sporting. I was going to put on his pants but he kept saying, "out, mommy!" So I gave in...
Also, I'm sure you are wondering about Maverick. No, we don't know what he is...we rescued him and were told that he is 1/2 Australian Shepard and 1/2 Chow. I think it is obvious that this is not necessarily the case. Regardless of what he is, he has been the best dog for us. Very low maintenance and he loves kids.
My commenting on the videos (I hate the sound of my voice) are there for a translation from toddler talk to English so that you know what he is saying. I seem to be the only one that can understand him and translate...it must be a mom thing.

Lucas kind of zoned out here then when he realized how tall he was, he wanted to say hi to everything.

My little handyman. I have little projects that I do around the house. One of wich has been changing out the door hardware to oil rubbed bronze....Lucas has watched me and now he is going to fix everything. But he says, "fis it" rather than "fix it." He is my big helper....toddlers LOVE to help with everything. He loves to help me clean and cook.... so sweet...if only he will remain interested in helping me into his teenage years!

3 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

I'm dying with anticipation here!! For some reason, I can't get the videos to play and I'm going to have to come back to see Mr. Lucas in action...can't wait!!!

I'm sure I'll have something else to say after I watch so bye for now...

Sarah and Brad said...

Awww...I love him!! I can just see the wheels turning when he's up on the slide and I love the double tap at the end when he's "fixing" the door.

Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

Paola said...

Que bello papi. Me hiciste recordar a tu papi, cuando tenìa tu edad. Solamente te falta el tetero con refresco. "Mama dame peco". Mami, dame refresco.Ja, Ja, ja. Edgar y yo nos reimos bastante, tiene muchos gestos del padre.Nos sentimos muy orgullosos de ustedes, lo tienen bien bonito y sobretodo, bien cuidado. Te felicito Mary, tu trabajo es mayor. Vìvelo cada dìa.Gracias por permitirnos verlo por aqui. Dios me los bendiga a todos.Un beso.