Merry Memphis everyone....As usual, I am running late on getting all of my pictures posted. We all say Memphis around here in honor of Lucas (who thinks he is saying Christmas).

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, tons of family time and tons of food! We all went to my parents house for Christmas Eve dinner (I have some photos of this below). Santa came and brought Lucas a train set (Thomas the Train), a firetruck, police car, garbage truck, a Caterpillar backhoe and a bycicle (with training wheels). I might also add that Jose and I are VERY into the train set.
For all of you who grew up in Fort Smith, I'm sure you will remember Rainbow Toy Store in Central Mall. Well, do you remember the wooden train set in the back that kids could play with????? I was obsessed with that train set and apparently, that obsession is still rooted in my psyche. I love Lucas' train set and could play with it for hours. I'm not ashamed to admit it. In fact, I embrace it because that means that I am still young at heart!
Well, here are some photos of Christmas Eve and a video from Christmas morning. Lucas was very into opening the presents (ferociously) then would take his time playing with each toy....He did not want to rip into all the gifts, he wanted to open one then play for 15-20 minutes then he would open another. I also wanted to add that Lucas was very interested in the fact that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk that we left out.....he just kept talking about that.....He really thought that was something!!
This picture of Stacey and Nick may look a bit odd but I swear that the hand placement is not really "placed." Nick was sticking his hand out to do something.





4 comments:
Precious, precious!! Do you ever wonder what in the world we did for entertainment and happiness before children???
Still don't know when Brad's Houston trip will be but we will wait another couple of weeks and then just plan it if we still dont' know anything.
So happy to see all the Christmas pics....he is such a doll baby!!! Oh and I LOVE the family picture of you guys!!!
Knowing Nick, it is really hard for me to believe he is not grabbing that tit-tay.
I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED THE RAINBOW TOY STORE!!! I talk about it at least once a month. This is awful, but my mom would literally drop me off in that store while she shopped next door in that shoe shop. I would play with that train track until my hands hurt. They had quite the hello kitty collection too, which I was obsessed with. I was so sad when it closed!
Happy New Year!
I love the family picture! Wow Mary...what a beautiful you have!!! Train set?!? I am in love with them too. I thought I was the only kid at heart...lol! It is amazing what you do when you have a child. It was the best thing I have ever done. Please let me know when you are going to be in the Fort again. I would love to see you! What it has been over 10 years I think. Happy New Year sweetie!
Hi Mar...just stopping in to get my Lucas fix!! He sure is easy on the eyes!! xoxo
p.s. Thanks for the info on Kate. Now that you mention it, I do believe she is going through a growth spurt. Restless and crazy!!!
Post a Comment