Jan 24, 2009

Mr. America?????

Ok. I have a few things to blog about. First Lucas is feeling better. Today has been a great day..he was up playing and had energy.
Secondly, I just got in my bed to get on the laptop and make my post only to discover that Lucas had emptied an entire bottle of baby powder in my bed......WOW, that was a shocker. Imagine getting into your bed and up comes a white powder volcanic eruption!!! I have white sheets so I didn't see it before I lept into bed. OOPS!!! Needless to say, my sheets are in the washer and I will be sleeping in the guest room tonight.
All this week, he has been sleeping in the pack and play that I set up in my bedroom so that I could be close to him. Weeelll, yesterday I was talking to Sarah on the phone and Lucas comes walking out of my bedroom....I almost died, he climbed out of bed by himself!!! He was so pround of himself. He was saying, "Did it!!!" It was a pretty big deal. So today when I put him down for his nap I half expected for him to come walking out the door again but after about 20 minutes and no Lucas, I opened the door. He had climbed out of his pack and play and gotten into Jose and I's bed!! It was adorable!! I guess he thought he was tired but wanted a tempur pedic quality nap!!! I had to take some photos of my sleeping angel.








He must have thrown his blankies out on the floor before his escape from the pack and play because he had all three with him in my bed.
Of course I can't post without a video....
We were watching Miss America tonight (think its Miss??) on TLC. It was the talent competition. Now, I don't normally watch these things but Clinton from "What not to Wear" was on there and I LOVE him.
Lucas was very into the competition and was trying out his singing skills along with Miss Georgia (1st runner up). I was soooo very lucky to have caught this on film....I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Sidebar: He was trying out his Tahitian Dancing skills with Miss Hawaii but I couldn't get the camera fast enough...I nearly cried it was so darn cute.



3 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

O.M.G....that has to be my favorite Luca material to date!!! Mary, I just can't get over the cuteness of that little boy!!! Ahhh...he is precious!! I bet Jose was missing him watching that one. LOVE it!!

Also, that is absolutely adorable that he climbed into your bed with his blankets. Doesn't get much cuter than that!!

One day at a time said...

Ohhhh I love these pics and that video...SOOO CUTE!

It was so good talking to you yesterday. The conversation on Lucas's hair...remember...YEAH DON"T EVER CUT IT!!!! I love it!

I am glad I am not the only mother to a 2 year old that still has a binky, passy, whatever kids call it. I don't know how I am ever going to get rid of that thing! He only gets it at bedtime now, but still!!!! AHHHHH..he loves it!

Paola said...

Que lindo cantas, nieto bello, dios te bendiga y proteja siempre. Te quiero mucho papi.A tì Mary, gracias por tan bello gesto de publicarlas y asi nosotros desde aqui, poder verlos. Los amo mucho y recuerdo siempre. Paolita.