Oct 19, 2008

What A Fun Weekend!!

This last Thursday was the 1 year anniversary of Highland Oil and Gas (the company I work for). We had a field trip to a drilling rig and to some completion operations (I know you want to hear about all of that!) but the best part was that we were able to bring our families. I will blog about this later.
I flew in and out of Tulsa and was able to visit Sarah, Brad and new baby Kate before they moved off to OKC. I had so much fun visiting and meeting Kate for the first time. Sarah and Brad are the most hospitable and genuine couples that I know. Every time I get to see them, it's like being around family and they are truely blessed to have such a beautiful daughter. Kate, by the way, is the love of Lucas' life. He keeps talking about her and wants to watch the videos of her over and over. Kate is so darn cute that I can't blame him!



Here is Lucas holding his new friend. He was telling her, "hold you!" But when he speaks it sounds like, " haute tu!"
So precious.




I love this picture. They are gazing into each others eyes. I'm sure this is right before he planted another of his 8000 kisses on her.





Kate is very cuddly...and she smells so sweet...
Thank you Sarah and Brad for such a great visit and for the new books for Lucas' birthday! He loves for us to read to him.
Brad, I still maintain that you cooked the best steak I have ever eaten!






We took the late flight back to Houston on Friday night which ended up being great because while we were gone Lucas' jungle gym got installed (his birthday present from Jose and I). Saturday morning we got to suprise him and play all day. We had such a good time....and Lucas loves his new play area.







Here are some shots of his new digs. The bottom floor is a playhouse so that explains this last picture of him sitting in the floor. His play area is fenced off from the rest of the backyard so that Maverick does not use the bathroom in his area and so that he can play and not fall in the pool (for the days when he is old enough to play on his gym with out our constant supervision).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog - it is great to see Lucas growing up...he is super cute and has a great little personality.

Sarah and Brad said...

AWESOME jungle gym!! It's a little boy's dream!!! Loved having y'all here...can't wait to visit. xoxo