Sofie is 3 months today! I feel like we have crossed a threshold at the 3 month mark because she is so much more alert and out of that teeny infant stage (4th trimester stage). I still have really hard days where I am exhausted and short with the kids but there are really good days mixed in there where I enjoy all 3 kids immensely. Usually, what makes the hard days really hard is when the boys are fighting continuously and Sofie can't nap very well. Like most kids, she has to have 2 decent 1.5-2 hour naps during the day or it is meltdown city. There are way more good days than bad ones so that is good! At 3 months Sofie is:
- At about 10 weeks Sofie really started sleeping better at night. She started sleeping longer during her first stretch of sleep. Bedtime is at 8 pm and she gets up at about 6:30-7 in the am. She is now consistently waking only once to eat during that time. Usually at 2 or 3 in the morning but here recently she has slept til 5 sometimes!! 8-5!!! Woooohooooo! I still go to bed and am out like a light by 9 so I am getting more sleep and have felt a lot better!
- Naps are still unpredictable except she usually crashes out about 8:30 or 9 am and again at 1pm for naps but the duration is unpredictable.
- She hates riding in a car. Does not mind the car seat but hates the car.
- Loves being outside, but who would not in Hawaii.
- Laughs a lot now.
- Nursing is still going well. She eats about 6 times per day or about every 3 hours during the day. I have not tried to extend that until she is steadily sleeping til 5 am. Then, I will try nursing every 4 hours during the day.
- She loves watching the bamboo beads and colorful Hawaiian quilt blowing in the wind and the palm trees are a hit.
- She is wearing 6 month clothing and wearing size 2 diapers but will probably grow out of them in the next month.
- She has a ton of hair and can already sport hair clips.
- She has started working on making fists and getting her hands to do what she wants and it is adorable to watch.
Here are some pictures of her today at 3 months. The last one was of me trying to get her to smile but I obviously did not hold the camera well....Oh well, you can still see how adorable that smile is!!





1 comments:
Aloha Sofhi¡ te quiero mucho¡ bella sonrisa bebe¡ etas bella y grande mi vida¡
Post a Comment