We went to The Big Island of Hawaii this week for a couple of days. The purpose of the trip was to let the boys see lava flow from Kilauea. Lucas is obsessed with lava and volcanoes so this was the perfect trip for us. Eli loves anything that Lucas loves so it was perfect. We flew over there in 30 minutes and it was like being in another world. The big island rainy on one side of the island and like a desert on the other. Very impressive place. The boys got to ride on the helicopter to see the volcano so as you can imagine, that was quite a big deal. I got air sick so that was a bummer. As soon as Lucas found out I was sick, he said he was sick too. Poor guy. I don't think he was actually sick but was just feeling sympathy. When I told him that I threw up in the white baggie he said, "I wanna see!!!" Boys are weird.
We stayed at the coolest place for kids. They had a tram or a water taxi that could take you to your room from the lobby. The kids were in awe. There were water slides and dolphins and tons of waterfalls so the kids were set. We had such a great time and are thankful to share this experience with nene and papaw.
| Our airplane....just before boarding. |
| Catching the tram to our room. |
| Waiting on a water taxi to go out for dinner.. |
| Eli taking advantage of the baby beach....I see this picture and I can't believe how big he is and he is only 2! |
| Blurry picture but it shows the caves/waterfalls at one of the many pools. |
| Exiting the hot tub for some time on the water slides. |
| Lucas sliding to Papaw....he did this slide a million times. |
| Just outside our room. You can see the water taxi station at the bar below. |
| Riding the train to breakfast. Mommy looks tired! |
| Before the flight!! |
| Lucas' reaction at take-off. |
| Eli's reaction at take-off. |
| If you look right in the center of this picture, you can see the red lava... |
| Akaka falls...Beautiful place over on the rainy side. It was a rain forest. |
| My awesome parents! |
| Me and my momma. |
| Riding the water taxi and looking at the millions of fish... |
| Eli's photo pose lately is very animated. He is saying "peeeeeeese!" |





1 comments:
Que rica aventura estan viviendo, me contenta mucho, sobre todo, el paseo en helicoptero. el bronceado de cada uno, le asientan muy bien, jajajajaja. Muy bellas fotos para el recuerdo. Los paisajes son espectaculares.
Post a Comment