Apr 13, 2011

The Speedy Rhinos!

I signed Lucas up for FFPS this year. Its an 8 week soccer league. He has 1 practice and 1 game a week. We had our first game on Saturday and it was so much fun. I knew that I would enjoy it when my kids started having games but I was suprised at how much fun it was. The team is 8 - 4 year olds and let me just say that they are hilarious. We were all asked to come up with a potential name for our team. Lucas' idea was the Cheetahs but we ended up going with The Speedy Rhinos....or as Lucas calls them 'the blue people' since our team color is royal blue. Since it was the first game, the kids got to paint a banner and have a parade. Lucas had so much fun. He painted his name on the banner and then proceeded to paint a flower and a gun! I am still scratching my head over that one!

Painting the flower....the gun was next.


Parade time! Getting to run through the banner...
Some pre-game coaching from Daddy....
Lucas dribbling the ball down the field....
Goalie time. Lucas was the best goalie on the team...this is his blocking pose. He took it so seriously....I think we have a future goalie on our hands! He would block a goal and then pump his fists and cheer for himself! Way to go Lucas!

1 comments:

Paola said...

Que guasto saber y ver que Lucas es Portero, su papi, tambien lo fue, se lo tomaba tan en serio como ahora lo hace el hijo, LUCAS! jajajajaaj que bueno. asi es papi, me siento muy orgullosa de ti, te quiero mucho!.