Feb 26, 2010

My Oldest....

Lucas is growing like a weed and I want to post some of the precious things that I love about this child during his 3rd year.
  • Lucas dishes out at least a dozen "I Love You, Mommy/Daddy" a day along with kisses.

  • He is completely potty trained and has only had 1 night where he wet the bed and that was because we forgot to have him potty before bedtime.


  • He is completely mesmerized with trash trucks. Our trash pickup is on Tues. and Fri. and Lucas awaits patiently at the window to watch. He loves to play with toy trash trucks. He plays like Jose and I's 4 poster bed is a trash truck and loads the foot of the bed with stuff that is his "trash" then he stands on the bed frame and holds on to one of the bed posters while the truck is "driving off." Sometimes the trash truck driver is me or Jose. We don't play slugbug in the car (this is what my sister and I used to do), we play "trash truck."


  • He knows that I love for him to eat his veggies so he always has me watch him eat them. He will say: "Mommy/Daddy, watch this!" Then he takes a bite and says that will make him "really big and strong."

  • He loves on his baby brother all the time.

  • He loves to help clean up the house. When Myra comes to clean our house, he follows her around to help.

  • You remember the most amazing things like if we pass the Home Depot, you tell me that you went there with Daddy and what you bought there even if it was 6 months ago.

  • You mention everyday that we should go to the airport and go to Hawaii.

  • Some of my favorite things that you mis-pronounce are: bafloom for bathroom, waler for water, "I need to brush my toothbrush" instead of teeth, "this has been sitting here for a long day" instead of a long time, I'm stirsty instead of thirsty, segnants instead of segments (when talking about a show on TV), I-arm instead of alarm, pegalicala instead of pelicula (spanish for movie), feder instead of feather, heartbeep instead of heartbeat, and lastly, shark instead of sharp.

  • You're shows on TV are "Caillou" and "Max and Ruby."

  • You like to watch action movies with Daddy and you like to watch the "good guys" vs. the "bad guys".

  • You like to pretend to shoot bad guys with your six shooter.

  • Your spanish is getting really good. You can understand nearly everything that Daddy says and you can translate Daddy's words into English. You are just starting to speak some spanish.

  • You are crazy about doing stuff with the guys (Daddy, Papaw, and Nick).

  • You weigh 37 lbs and are 3' 3-1/2" tall.

  • You are polite and tell people "please" and "thank you" nearly all of the time...you forget sometimes.

  • Daddy wants me to add your facination with knives, monsters, guns, bugs, germs. These are all things that really get your attention...you are all boy, that is for sure.

Lucas, if I had to sum it all up I would have to say that you are a excellent boy. You are loving and obedient (for the most part), you love to help out and there is not anything that we would change about you. I know there are countless things that you do that I would love to add here but that would make this blog post become a short novel. We cherish every day with you and are so lucky to have you as our boy.

1 comments:

Paola said...

Me encanta saber todo lo que haces, ayudas y quieres a tus padres y hermanito Eli. Como ayudas a papi y mami en botar la basura, jajajaja . Dios te cuide . y si debes comer muchos vegetales y frutas, eso te hara muy fuerte. Te quiero mucho papi. tu abuela Paola.....