Oct 20, 2009

And His Name Shall Be......

Eli Salvador Dominguez
I absolutely love the name Eli. Jose....well, he needed some encouragement :) After some time, he now really loves the name too. Lucas pronounces is as, "Eeeiiii." Lucas knows that he will be a boy and not a "grill" therefore he will have a baby brother. For the longest time, he insisted that his name will be Mary...hehehe.
Salvador is Jose's middle name. This name came from his grandfather on his mother's side who immigrated to Venezuela from Italy after WWII. His name is Salvatore. With Salvador being the Spanish form of the Italian name, it became Jose's middle name and it will be our son's middle name. It combines both his Venezuelan and Italian heritage plus I love the way it sounds with Eli!!

3 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Yay!! Can't wait to see sweet Eli!!

Oh, and you look AWESOME...and I can't believe (well, yes I can) that you went to a concert. You're wonder woman...and I'm boring..ha! The comment about Lucas going to see Tool ("the greatest modern band"..haha)just cracked me up because that's why I love you...I just never know what kind of tricks you have up your sleeve.


Oh and the spinach thing. I should have given credit where credit was due. I learned that trick from one of the best mommies I know...you! Great idea about cauli and squash...sounds yummy to me too!! I also need to try broccoli with cheese on it...surely she'll eat anythign with cheese on it...she is my child afterall!

Cassie said...

Love the name :) That's the one I voted for on your poll!

Paola Bascetta Domìnguez said...

Me gusta el nombre Eli Salvador. Es muy bonito, me halaga el segundo y me llena de gozo, ya que es el nombre de mi padre. lucas tendrà la oportunidad de disfrutarlo como lo haremos todos nosotros, los felicito, los amo mucho. Paolita..