Apr 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a great Easter despite the fact that Jose was out of town. This was really the first Easter that Lucas was old enough to get excited about his basket of goodies. He was pretty excited. We hung around the house and then Stacey, Nick, and my parents came over for dinner. Here are some pictures of Lucas with his basket on Easter morning.








These glasses were in his Easter basket but they did not fit....I guess thats what happens when you have a child with a large (90% in circumference) head. In the afternoon we hid some eggs and took Lucas for his first egg hunt in our backyard. We kept having to give him hints at first but eventually he caught on and became a pro. Here are some pictures of him looking for his eggs.






You might be able to see the egg in the palm tree. It took FOREVER for him to see it and then.......
He found it!!!!



Papaw was in charge of the basket and of giving some VERY OBVIOUS hints...








After the egg hunt, we went swimming and my little daredevil was all about testing out his limits with his Uncle Nick.





playing with one of his favorite suprises from the Easter Bunny.....bubbles!




This is a video of Lucas finding his last egg......




And the last clip of him finding eggs....He is my little angel.




5 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

OH I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES...I laughed out loud at the bunny glasses...what a cutie!! I can't believe you have Palm trees!!

It was sooo great to see you...I'm still on cloud 9 from getting to see you!

Sarah and Brad said...

Oh and I'm going to wait until Kate gets up to see the videos!

Melissa Tyndall said...

Swimming on Easter Sunday...I'm so jealous!!!

One day at a time said...

can't wait to show Brax these video's of Lucas!!!!!!!

nat said...

Ok, if I didn't like you it would really tick me off that you guys got to swim on Easter, and we were stuck w/freezing cold and flooding rain!