Feb 21, 2009

A Budding Musician, Perhaps......

My little munchkin loves to play the drums, like his daddy. I bought Jose an electronic drumset back before Lucas was born so that he could still play the drums but it would not be loud....Lucas' drumset, on the other hand, it the loud kind.

What is a mother to do when both boys love the drums???? I think the only options is for me to go crazy. It is very loud...but it is fun to watch him and I love that at his 2 years of age he shows coordination and interest in something.

My next little video is of Lucas singing his ABC's. This may be one of those scenes where only Momma can understand him but he starts out singing ABC's then he goes into Happy Birthday to Mommy then when he sits down in his chair he goes back to ABC's (........W,X,Y, and Z). I LOVE THIS!!! I sing the ABC's to him every day in the car and I could never get him to join in. This week Jose and I found a way to interest him. We started singing it while Jose played the guitar....that did the trick. Now, he sings it all the time. I guess the whole time I was singing it, he was taking it in because he seems to know it pretty well. Its good to know that my efforts have payed off.

4 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Ummmm...he's not just a little bit coordinated...he might be a genius kid, Mar!! Way to go Lucas!!

DeDe and Kate watched with me and we LOVED the videos and can't get over how smart he is. I told Kate that when we visit in April, she should observe closely and take notes...ha!

Love y'all!!

nat said...

He is so cute! I love the drumbs-we have a set that go to rock band and those are enough to drive me nuts!

nat said...

What's wrong w/me? Why in the world did I put a "b" in the word drum? Good lord I am an idiot sometimes!!!

Paola said...

Hola Lucas,nieto Bello me recuerdas a tu padre cuando tenìa tu edad. Tienes gestos iguales a èl. Tocas la bateria como un artista. Me los imagino a los dos tocando. jajaja. Los amo a todos. Dios te bendiga.