Sep 18, 2013

Sofie is 5 months!!

Today Sofie is 5 months old.  This cute little thing is already 5 months old!!  Sofie is just the happiest, most laid back baby and we just love her to pieces!  Here is what Sofie is up to:
 
  • She is nursing 6 times per day.  I think she is ready to drop down to 5 times a day but right now 6 times a day works. She eats at 5 or 6am, 8 or 9 am, 12pm , 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm.
  • Sleep.  Oh, sweet sleep, how I love thee!  Sofie goes to bed at 7:30 and sleeps til 5 or 6am then goes back to bed until 7:30am.  I usually wake her at 7:30 to get Lucas off to school but on the weekends she will sleep until 8am.  She naps at 9:30 for 1-1.5hrs then another nap at 1 for 2-2.5 hours.  No third nap just because we are on the go so this makes for fussy time from about 5:30 until bedtime. 
  • When Sofie is fussy/tired she wants to be held and if I hold her she will stay happy but if I set her down, look out.  She will melt down.
  • She smiles ALL THE TIME.  She is just so happy.
  • She plays with her toys a lot.  They go straight to her mouth but she can grab them and let them go and grab them again. 
  • She sucks her 2 middle fingers and will sometimes use the paci but usually opts for her own fingers.
  • Wears a size 3 diaper and 6 month clothes. 
  • She was in the 60% percentile on height and weight at her 4 month visit but I can't remember the exact numbers.  I can only remember the percentiles.
  • She is sitting in the bumbo pretty regularly and getting better and better a sitting up.  Once she can sit on her own without the bumbo, I will introduce solids.
  • She is old enough to be entertained by her brothers which is a big help when I an getting dinner ready.  She just laughs and laughs at them.
  • She LOVES to be outside.  When she does start to fuss, I can go sit in the front yard on a bench and she will calm right down.
  • She is getting better about riding in the car and will be fine when we go out running errands until she gets tired then she will not sleep in the car at all.
  • She loves peekaboo, patty cake, and laughs and giggles when i sing to her.
Sofie is the perfect little girl an we love her so much.  Her sweet little disposition comes out more and more each day and we just love being lucky enough to raise this little angel.
 
 
 



1 comments:

Paola said...

Que hermosa, feliz y grande te ves Sofía. Tu papi no se chupaba los dedos, pero, si la chupa de su tetero, le encantaba tenerlo todo el día¡ duermes como lo hizo tu papi, jajajaja. Cada vez q te observo, más se me pareces a tu papi, dios te bendiga¡ los amo!