We have been staying busy around here. We took the kids to the Honolulu Zoo for the first time ever and really enjoyed it. It was the boys first time to see a hippo so they were pretty stoked. I also got to see a Eucalyptus tree for the first time and was shocked at how beautiful it is. We have been beaching it a lot (of course) and we went to the Aquarium just down the street and saw the fish (or bush, as Eli says). Yesterday was King Kamehameha day and we saw the big parade and all the hoopla surrounding this Hawaiian holiday. So much fun! One important thing to note is that Eli has pee pee'd in the potty 2 times and has officially entered into the "terrible 2's" he is still so sweet but is definitely using the word "no" very liberally and constantly testing the boundaries. All the same, he is a joy and we are having a ball here. We miss Daddy every day and wish he were able to join us. He is in Houston working very hard so that we are able to enjoy these summer trips to Hawaii :)
| Honolulu Zoo! Both boys loved the Rhinos and Eli loved the Giraffe. |
| The baboons were as interested in the boys as they were in the baboons! |
| Climbing the banyan trees...they are huge! |
| Zebras and Giraffes! |
| The Eucalyptus tree that is so beautiful...look at the bark! |
| The stance of a future champion surfer! |
| Lucas loves catching fish in the coral at low tide... |
| Lucas and Eli's first time in an outrigger canoe. |
| This local guy took the boys out in his outrigger. That canoe has been passed down from his father to him...very old canoe but that is the Hawaiian tradition. |
| The Aquarium... |
| Lucas' favorite...the black tip shark just over his head. |
| Checking out the sailboats... |
| King Kamehameha Day parade!! |
| Lucas and I watching the parade... |
| Such and angel! |
| Eli saying "Eli get down!" |





2 comments:
oh my goodness....what a lovely trip! I could stare at that sailboat picture for hours. I'd just sit in one of those chairs and stare out at the ocean forever. I know I say this every year but I just think its so neat that you are able to do this every year. Have a wonderful time!!
que rico lo estan pasando! Me alegra mucho, que bellos ver a los nietos disfrutando de sus abuelos, mami y paseos con animales, jajajaajj, eso es! disfrutenlo,una hermosa vista desde el apartamento, esta bellisimo.
Post a Comment