Nov 23, 2010

10 Months Old!!

We have made it to 10 months and I am a couple of days behind on this post. Eli was 10 months on Saturday but I have been so busy. At 10 months of age, here is what Eli is up to:

  • He has 5 teeth.
  • He has caught his first cold and has had it for about 2 weeks but he doesn't let it get him down.
  • Size 4 diapers, wearing 12 month old clothing, and just bought his first pair of shoes (6-12 month little Robeez that look like tennis shoes).
  • He is eating size 3 baby foods and seems to love every one of them but will sometimes gag if he gets a bite with a little to much "chunk"....I don't think its the taste that makes him gag.
  • Still nurses 4 times a day but I think the 3 pm nursing is about to go. It is only like 5 minutes in length.
  • Naps seem to be getting better. Morning nap is at 9:45-10:45 and afternoon nap is from 1-2:30 or sometimes 3. Bedtime is at 8pm and he will go down wide awake and play for a little bit then dozes off to sleep on his own. Eli gets up at about 7:30 am or sometimes 8 am....
  • He is standing up and pulling up a lot...no cruising, yet. He still has not crawled either but I really think it is coming soon because he will go after a toy and move his arms in the crawling motion but his legs don't follow.....yet. Eli seems more interested in standing than crawling, at least at this point.
  • Talks all the time, mamamamama and bababababa with some screams in there.
  • He waves and says babababa and Hi!
  • He claps and will dance and clap if I sing to him.....he especially loves when I sing "Eli's Coming" by 3 Dog Night!
  • Strong personality traits: sweet, loving, funny, demanding and impatient. If he wants to be held, you had better hold him or you will pay dearly :)
I adore this face!
I caught him mid-sentence....bababababa!
Catching a quick game of Chutes and Ladders before his afternoon walk....

Here he is in position to crawl........

and he will crawl with his hands until he falls on his tummy. Any day now on those little legs following suit! I think he is ready to be more mobile....I can tell he knows something is about to happen in order to help him get into all of mommy's things around the house!


2 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Awww...he's standing!!! What a big wittle boy! I just want to squeeze him and can't stand that we're so far apart from eachother. Whodathunkit?

All of the pictures are great, Mar! I especially loved all of the Halloween costumes...just precious!!!

Paola said...

Eso es papi, poco a poco, pronto estaras dando pasos agigantados y jugando con tu hermanito lucas quien te agarrara cuando caigas!Me recuerdas mucho a tu papi!bello estas papi, te quiero mucho!