Oct 9, 2010

Lucas Is 4!!

I know that I sound like a broken record but I seriously cannot believe that Lucas is 4 today! He is getting older way too quickly and I can't get a handle on the time. It seems like just yesterday that he was born!



October 9, 2006


Lucas' 1st Birthday


2nd Birthday (grainy because it is from my cell phone)


3rd Birthday

Now, I intend to go into each and every detail about Lucas at this age that I want to remember. If you make it through this list, you are a dear soul. His actual 4th Birthday Photos will be a separate post.
  • Lucas still loves trash trucks, trash cans, dumpsters and anything else to do with trash.
  • He loves to "work in the yard." This is a lot of sweeping the driveway, then taking the dirt and loading it into a toy trash truck then dumping the trash.
  • Favorite color is orange.
  • Loves to go on walks and collect treasures like sticks, giant leaves, pine cones, feathers...any kind of treasures. They are all over the house! I will find piles of leaves in the playroom or buckets of pine cones laying all over the place.
  • Lucas will eat just about anything I put in front of him except mushrooms. Seriously, he will eat sardines, oysters, sushi, sashimi (which he calls, shashi)......ANYTHING!
  • Starting to get excited about going under the water. He takes a swimming lesson each week and practices going under the water in the bathtub.
  • He started getting up a little earlier in the mornings and he will come and get in bed with Jose and I....which I love.
  • He loves to help me entertain his little brother. He loves to come with me to get Eli out of bed..he plays with him in the car and lately, he loves helping me encourage Eli to crawl.
  • He loves music and playing musical instruments. Daddy has taught him the air drums so this is a popular pastime now a days.
  • He is always telling us "I love you mommy and daddy."
  • Naps are starting to dwindle down to about 1 to 1.5 hours each day.
  • We are giving all of your pacifiers to Santa Claus this year so that he can give them to little babies who need them.
  • Lucas talks all the time. If he is not telling a story or telling us what to do, then he is asking questions. He will ask questions that he knows the answer to just so that he can talk!
  • He tells me that I look like a princess every time I wear a dress.
  • He has very good manners for a little 4 year old. He will say "excuse me" and "please" and "thank you" at the appropriate times. He will also remind Jose and I to say these things if we forget.
  • He is VERY into "the boys" and doing things with just "the boys." He is gravitating toward Papaw, Nick, and Daddy and is not as interested in hanging with the gals.
  • He hates confrontation. He hates to be in trouble so he generally behaves very well and is heart broken if he gets in to trouble....especially when it comes from Daddy.
  • He is interested in being healthy and exercising....he will do some "exercising" and "flexing" to show off how healthy he is. He also relates eating good lunches (every meal is lunch to Lucas) to being healthy and strong.
  • He loves to know the plan...he is always asking what we will do next...."and then what are we going to do after that, mommy?"
  • He is super excited about PreK next fall because "I will have millions of friends."

Strongest Personality Traits: sweet, easy going, fun loving, good natured, smart, inquisitive and thoughtful

Lucas, we love you dearly. You are such a special little boy and you bring smiles and love to everyone you come across. I love you with all my heart and if I could have one wish it would be to remember every single moment I have with you and your brother. I will miss your 3rd year but look forward to sharing your 4th.

1 comments:

Paola said...

LUCAS! Leer todo lo que te gusto en tus 3 anos, me hicieron recordar muchas cosas que también las tuvo tu papi a esa edad,a él también le gustaban los camiones, carros, muy cariñoso con su mami, papi y hermano.todo lo preguntaba! ja ja ja. eres igual a tu papi josé salvador.