These are the things that Eli is up to at 5 months.
* You love to be either stretched out on your back or standing straight up...you are rolling over from back to front and front to back but you are not that into it. I think you are only interested in standing..forget the in between stuff. Your true love is standing.
* You love to play with your feet.
* You seem to be teething pretty hard but no teeth have broken the surface. You only seem to want to bite down on my fingers...forget the teething rings that I already bought and paid for!
* Still a mamma's boy!!!
* You are still nursing about 5-6 times per day.
* Bedtime is about 7:30 or 8:00 now...its slowly creeping up and I have to really pay attention to your tired signs so that you don't get that second wind b/c it is harder to get you to sleep then. Once you are asleep, you are down until about 4 or 5 in the morning for a quick breakfast then back to sleep until about 7:30 or 8:00 am.
* You are taking 3 naps per day.... you will go down at about 9:30am and sleep for 30 min to and hour then another nap at 12:00 or 1:00 for about the same amount of time. Then you take a good 1.5 to 2 hour nap at about 3:00 pm.
* Wearing size 3 diapers.
* Went to the doctor for a 4-5 month checkup and you are at 75% on height and weight relative to other babies your age and your head circumference is 95% (just like your big bro).
* I started you on solids about a week ago and you HATED it at first but seem to be getting better each night. So far, you have tried rice cereal and squash. You seem to love the squash...you have not figured out how to open wide when I feed you...you seem to make a kiss face like you want to kiss the food not eat it...just adorable!
* I can tell already that you are a thinker. You will study every detail of something...weather its a toy, a room, a person. Whatever it is, you take it all in with a very serious facial expression like you are figuring out everything.
* You ADORE your big brother. You watch him and smile and laugh...you are crazy about him.
* You can now grab things that you want to grab and you grunt if something is out of reach as if to ask for help.
* You giggle when I play with you and its the most precious sound in the world!
* You love to be tickled.
Here are some photos of you on your 5 month birthday.










3 comments:
Oh Mar!!! Eli is sooo stinkin' cute!! he looks just like you and your Dad. Lucas is definitely Jose's little clone now...except for the Oxley eyes!! I love your boys and seeing pictures of them!!
Mary, he is such a doll! I just realized I am about to say the exact same thing as Sarah...I can't get over how much Lucas looks like Jose and Eli looks like you. I love it when that happens! I am right there with you on the stoppage of time. How can we make that happen? I sometimes catch myself getting excited about the next phase in Parker's life and then I stop and realize how much has already passed that we'll never get back. Makes me tear up just thinking about it! Hope you all are having a great summer!!
Que bello estas Eli, dios te bendiga papi, me encanta esa sonrisa,De verdad estas creciendo muy rĂ pido. En el columpio te ves grande y feliz¡ Te quiero mucho nieto bello¡
Post a Comment