Today we went for our 13 week Nuchal Scan. Its an ultrasound that determines genetic abnormalities, but I must confess, I was mainly interested to see if we could determine the sex. The actual results of the ultrasound will be in next week but everything looked normal. I must say, the baby does not really look cute yet...in fact it looks a little alienish!




The doctor said that, "the subject looks like a male." He did not spend much time looking at the gender area and did not even get a photo. I did see the "nubbie" but did not see the proper angle to get my own opinion. I am not convinced and will wait to start the nursery after a 16 week ultrasound.

I did tell Lucas that he might get a baby brother and his response was to stick out his bottom lip (in a pout) and say, "I no want it....I mant my baby sister!" He then proceeded to cry a little. I told him that there is a possibility and we would know for sure in a couple of weeks....I was kind of shocked at his reaction.
I posted some of the photos that they took...I hesitated to even post them because it does not look much like a human baby but all the same, I wanted to get the new addition on the blog!
P.S. Lucas is up in bed right now and I hear him playing his harmonica...hehehe! I'm going to start calling him BB King! So I will leave you with a picture of BB King riding a Texas Longhorn....picture quality is poor b/c I had to take a picture of a picture since I do not know how to scan photos....






2 comments:
Oh wow!!! Technology is amazing and wonderful...especially when we get to peek at Dominguez Baby #2!!
So great to talk with you tonight...miss you!!!
Holy hell Mary, I think you are carrying an alien! I spent about 10 minutes trying to make sense of these photos with no luck...well, actually, I MAY have made out an ear. But I can't be sure. Good thing that little alien still has about 27 weeks to go :)Love you!
Post a Comment