One of my parenting rules is that I will not make Lucas eat if he is full. I'm afraid that it will teach him to overeat so if he says he is full, thats it. Well, he has learned that when he says, "I full" there is no more pushing from mama. This has become his excuse for EVERYTHING.
Mama: " Lucas, pick up your toys."
Lucas: "No. I Full."
Mama: " Lucas, its time for bed"
Lucas: "No. I Full."
Mama: "Lucas, I need to change your diaper....its stinky."
Lucas: "No. I Full."
Its really cute...He is excercising his power and control. He has no idea how cute it is so I just have to go with the flow and explain that being full has to do with eating and is not an excuse for anything he does not want to do.
Another thing that he has been doing is confusing his pronouns (I think its pronouns??) He has been playing peekabo and covering his eyes and he'll say, "Where is....me?" My heart nearly bursts every time!! He will also say something like..."Where's mine's cars??" or "Where's me's car??"
I'll be sure and get some picture up this weekend of the Prince.





2 comments:
Oh I love it, love it, love it!!!!
Oh, that's so funny!
Post a Comment